Oncology Care Model
Affiliated Oncologists has been selected to participate in the Oncology Care Model, a care delivery model that supports and encourages higher quality, more coordinated cancer care. The Oncology Care Model is one of the first physician-led specialty care models from The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and builds on lessons learned from other innovative programs and private-sector models. The Oncology Care Model encourages practices to improve care and lower costs through episode and performance-based payments that reward high-quality patient care. Here's a list of supportive services the practices may have to offer:
- Coordinating appointments with providers within and outside the oncology practice to ensure timely delivery of diagnostic and treatment services;
- Providing 24/7 access to care when needed;
- Arranging for diagnostic scans and follow up with other members of the medical team such as surgeons, radiation oncologists, and other specialists that support the beneficiary through their cancer treatment;
- Help making decisions on advanced care planning and survivorship planning
- Providing access to additional patient resources, such as emotional support groups, pain management services, and clinical trials.